The digital landscape is changing rapidly and continuously. You are curious about technology and want to be constantly aware of new tools, frameworks and solutions. You are happy to share your vision and opinion about where technology is going with us. In addition, you are open to discussion and change when new ideas are put forward. Of course there is plenty of room to come up with your own input. Not unimportant, you are proficient in the Dutch and English language and you have a feeling for our younger target groups (Zappelin, Zapp and NPO3) and social media.
As a backend developer / DevOps-er, this is your chance to build a new online platform for our younger target groups where interaction is central. We are developing a platform with apps and websites where our young target groups can find content in a personalized way, where they can actively participate and become fans of programs and presenters. The presentation of content will be more in line with the way young people consume content today: in a dynamic and above all interactive environment (such as existing popular social media and media platforms).
In the team there is a lot of room for your own input and you get full ownership of the development of the apps. As a backend developer / DevOps person you actively contribute ideas about the architecture, design patterns, the integration of testing and you set up the cloud environment of the new platform. We use Jira, Github and AWS Cloudformation to set up our infrastructure. Experience with automating deployments (CI/CD) is required.
What to bring:
- Backend developer with AWS infrastructure/DevOps experience.
- You have HBO work and thinking level.
- You have experience with agile development methods (including scrum).
- Techstack: NodeJS, TypeScript, Apollo GraphQL, DynamoDB / PostgreSQL,
AWS, Jira, Git.
- Experience with Graphql API.
- Experience with Data Modeling, REST / Microservices Architecture, CI/CD,
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with cloud formation.
- Experience with AWS CDK and Terrarform is an advantage.
- Unit tests, E2E tests.
- Focus on Security, Privacy, Scalability, Performance, Metrics, Logging.
- Team Player.
- Communicative in both English and Dutch.